Saturday, October 8, 2011

A Sense of Place, A Sense of Home
My 365 Project (details of the project are on Sept 23 post)





16. Doing It for All the Girls!


light on the horizon
the dawn of possibilities
to all the girls, the young and the fully blossomed
bring me your artistry
bring me your creativity
bring me your voice
challenge your age
from two sisters strumming ukuleles
to two rockers slamming killer licks and funky groves
pioneering with their "all girl bands"
bring me your “real” vibrations
bring me your total “live” rocker experiences
bring me the “actual” vibrations that moves “you” ... through-out the room

... and ...

“if they tell you can’t do it
you just turn it up
and play like a girl.” *


... just doing it for all the girls!


* Lyrics from CD “Play Like a Girl” by June & Jean Millington
http://www.junemillington.com/Welcome.html

Pioneer Rockers influential with their All Girl Bands ...
the Svelts, Wild Honey and Fanny (making Billboards Hot 100)
and first all girl band to produce a album with a major label.


No comments:

Post a Comment